About Me

My photo
About Me: First I would like to say, RIP DADDY, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MAKE YOU PROUD. Rev. L. Wilson Jan 23, 1939- January 26, 2003 In Memory of a Loving Father. Holla at ya gurl, sike nah. Wassup yall! Yall know me. I'm an alumna of Montclair S. U. now! Been one since Aug 2nd 2007. I was a Geography major and concentrating in Environmental Studies. I'm an alumna of Arts High School and a resident of Newark, NJ. I love basketball and other sports. My favorite team is the WNBA's New York Liberty. I'm a nice down to earth person. I'm also a Michael Jackson Tribute Artist.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

"Preserve Newark Libraries" Performance

I asked "Is there anything I can do?" I want to stress the importance of libaries to the people especially in my community. Due to budget cuts, libraries are listed under "Other" which makes them not as important or worth saving. I want to change that idea. They are a major benefit to the people, young and old. Hours are cut and branches are closing in my hometown of Newark, NJ. Pretty soon, there may not be anymore at the rate it's going. I feel upset because as a child and up until now ther library has helped me. I want the children to have the same luxury I had growing up. One way to assure that we can keep them active is that people in the community sign-up for library cards and use them as often as possible. I volunteered to perform during their Library Card Sign-Up Day. The people enjoyed me and how I'm trying to bring some light to this issue. I believe what I am doing will help raise awareness and make change. I believe Michael Jackson would have done it as well.

The Preserve Newark Libraries Website


The Official Newark Public Library Website


Some benefits of the Newark Public Library system according to Preserve Newark Libraries:

*Easy Library card sign-up for all family members
*Borrowing privileges of books, CDs, and DVDs
*Newspapers, magazines, and periodicals
*Children's area
*Live homework help
*Children's books and crafts
*Storytime
*A Main branch and eight other branches to choose from
*Trained librarians
*Courteous and helpful staff
*Beautiful and quiet surroundings
*Meeting rooms
*Late hours every Wednesday from 1:00PM - 8:00PM
*Main library is open all day Saturday
*Reference materials
*Job search books, articles, and other tools
*Resume' writing tools
*E-books to download for free
*Public computer useage
*Free computer training(Main library)
*Specialized databases for research through your library card
*Historical documents (Main library)
*Patents (Main library)
*Art exhibits
*Music concerts
*Dance exhibits
*Lectures
*Book signings
*Volunteer opportunities
*Wi-Fi access
*Over 5 million books...

Contact the Newark Public Library 973-733-7784

Mikette has had her card for over 20 years

Photobucket


My Performance



The Preserve Newark Libraries logo to share.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment