About Me

My photo
About Me: First I would like to say, RIP DADDY, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MAKE YOU PROUD. Rev. L. Wilson Jan 23, 1939- January 26, 2003 In Memory of a Loving Father. Holla at ya gurl, sike nah. Wassup yall! Yall know me. I'm an alumna of Montclair S. U. now! Been one since Aug 2nd 2007. I was a Geography major and concentrating in Environmental Studies. I'm an alumna of Arts High School and a resident of Newark, NJ. I love basketball and other sports. My favorite team is the WNBA's New York Liberty. I'm a nice down to earth person. I'm also a Michael Jackson Tribute Artist.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Newark Pulse Meet Your Neighbor Features Mikette

I was super excited when Newark Pulse, a website that tells you what's happening in Newark, NJ, picked me as their first Meet Your Neighbor feature.

Here's the article:

Photobucket


Dominique Wilson, 27, currently resides in Vailsburg. She was born and raised in Newark, NJ attending Lincoln Elementary, Vailsburg Middle School and Arts High (visual arts major). She works a full-time job as a bank teller, but enjoys spending her time as Mikette – a Michael Jackson impersonator.

Are you involved in the community: I am very active in the community. I am the secretary of Smith Street Block Association, I am active in the West Ward Federation, and I also do volunteer work at Freedom Ministries Church. I also volunteer at local elementary schools.

Favorite Restaurant: My favorite Newark Restaurant is a small family owned restaurant called Jordan's Halal Restaurant. They serve very good food. I have been a regular for over 10 years.

Favorite Newark Activity: My favorite Newark events are the St. Patrick's Day Parade, the Portuguese festival, and the Music Festival in Lincoln Park. They bring different cultures and backgrounds together.

Favorite Newark Memory: My favorite Newark memory would have to be appearing and performing as Michael Jackson for the first time in my hometown last year at Greater Newark Conservancy's Fall Block Party (see picture above). There's no place like home. Looking forward to spreading more love.

What is your best tip for someone new to Newark: I wrote on my blog a Newark Bucket List to show how you can enjoy yourself here and do so much (Bucket list coming soon). Here are a few points that I love: Visit the largest museum in New Jersey, the Newark Museum; See one of the largest Cherry Blossom displays in the country at Branch Brook Park; See a movie at Newark's own, Newark Screens Movie Theater; Watch the Nets or NJ Devils play, concerts, and shows at the Prudential Center arena; Shop downtown Newark and Admire Newark's unique skyline at night when you arrive.




WANT TO BE FEATURED?
If you would like to nominate yourself or someone you know for Meet Your Neighbor. Simple use our contact form or email us at newarkpulse@gmail.com

Date posted/updated : May 9, 2012
By: NewarkPulse

No comments:

Post a Comment