About Me

My photo
About Me: First I would like to say, RIP DADDY, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MAKE YOU PROUD. Rev. L. Wilson Jan 23, 1939- January 26, 2003 In Memory of a Loving Father. Holla at ya gurl, sike nah. Wassup yall! Yall know me. I'm an alumna of Montclair S. U. now! Been one since Aug 2nd 2007. I was a Geography major and concentrating in Environmental Studies. I'm an alumna of Arts High School and a resident of Newark, NJ. I love basketball and other sports. My favorite team is the WNBA's New York Liberty. I'm a nice down to earth person. I'm also a Michael Jackson Tribute Artist.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Art, Peace and Music Festival 2011

Yesterday I had the chance to perform officially as "Mikette" for the first time in my hometown, Newark, NJ, for the 1st Annual Art, Peace and Music Festival. I wasn't intending on performing but given the opportunity, I jumped to it. I was definitely excited to show Newark my love and appreciation for Michael Jackson.


Photobucket


My boyfriend, Richie, and I set out on this adventure. We arrived at Washington Park and I was the only one in a costume. Of course, I was the alittle embarassed, but I got over it. People were waving at me and I made people smile just by being there. Then we decided to get something to eat while we waited for my friend, Lamar. He's the MJ dancer I met at NJPAC this past September. After we ate, we decided to make one last round around the festival to see if we saw him, but ran into the event coordinator. He asked me if I could dance like Michael and I was like "Of course!" Not realizing he was the event coordinator and he was about to put me on stage.






I was introduced to the audience as "Mikette." As I began to perform, it felt as if Michael's spirit jumped inside of my body and took over me. The music blasted "Billie Jean" and I became "Mikette." I gave them my all and they enjoyed me. Then Lamar came out and performed "Another Part of Me." Then he brought me back out with him to finalize the performance and we did an amazing job. I definitely enjoyed myself and the audience was mesmerized by our dance moves.

Photobucket


I was so happy I was able to help out the show by filling in a gap due to a performer not being available and gave a memerable performance. The festival in general was wonderful. They had fashion shows, spoken word poetry, singing and dancing. There were sculptures around as well from different artists in the Newark area. Marching bands that participated in the parade before the festival performed as well. It was such a beautiful event and I was glad I was not only there but a part of it as well.

Here are some photos from the day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Some photos and both videos were taken by Richard Boyd





No comments:

Post a Comment