About Me

My photo
About Me: First I would like to say, RIP DADDY, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MAKE YOU PROUD. Rev. L. Wilson Jan 23, 1939- January 26, 2003 In Memory of a Loving Father. Holla at ya gurl, sike nah. Wassup yall! Yall know me. I'm an alumna of Montclair S. U. now! Been one since Aug 2nd 2007. I was a Geography major and concentrating in Environmental Studies. I'm an alumna of Arts High School and a resident of Newark, NJ. I love basketball and other sports. My favorite team is the WNBA's New York Liberty. I'm a nice down to earth person. I'm also a Michael Jackson Tribute Artist.

Monday, October 17, 2011

UNICEF Fundraiser with TTWNYC

Photobucket



I had and amazing time at a UNICEF fundraiser Thriller Halloween party in the Flushing section of Queen, NYC. I was a part of the honorary guests, Thrill The World NYC, to perform their version of the Thriller dance as a surprise to the guests at the party. It was my first time traveling to that part of New York and being that my MJ family was with me, the ride was so much fun. It was two subway trains and a bus ride away once I got into the city. We went right after practice and arrived in good time to prepare.

Photobucket


When we arrived, we found the house and it was so decked out in Halloween decor. They also had Michael Jackson themed items around as well from "Thriller." When we went downstairs, they had a disco type setup with the Jackson 5 playing on their flat screen television. As the guests arrived, we got zombified and found out what we need to do. We were performing in an Native American burial grounds which can be seen from her backyard. The guests were on the patio conversing as we ran out and got into position. The music began to play and we all came out. We gave the crowd our all and they loved it. Afterwards, we all ate some light refreshments and danced to Michael songs and line dances. My friend Jenna and I did the "Thriller" to a latin version that was played. Then we all had to head back to Manhattan because some had to go to Zombiecon, or home and I needed to head back to Jersey. We all had so much fun, I want to do it all over again. Special thanks to my MJ family from Thrill the World NYC for making my friend's vision come true.

Photobucket


Photos taken by David and Allie. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment