About Me

My photo
About Me: First I would like to say, RIP DADDY, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MAKE YOU PROUD. Rev. L. Wilson Jan 23, 1939- January 26, 2003 In Memory of a Loving Father. Holla at ya gurl, sike nah. Wassup yall! Yall know me. I'm an alumna of Montclair S. U. now! Been one since Aug 2nd 2007. I was a Geography major and concentrating in Environmental Studies. I'm an alumna of Arts High School and a resident of Newark, NJ. I love basketball and other sports. My favorite team is the WNBA's New York Liberty. I'm a nice down to earth person. I'm also a Michael Jackson Tribute Artist.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Michael Jackson Video Vangaurd Award 2011

It was a victory for the whole team, not just Britney Spears fans but for Michael Jackson fans as well. For some time fans have protested and petitioned to bring back the Michael Jackson Video Vangaurd Award to the MTV Video Music Awards. The award was stripped of Michael's name after the allegations of child molestation charges plagued the life of the mega star. It was given the name because Michael's videos revolutionized pop culture, music and the industry. They were also very innovative and inspiring to other artists.



Britney Spears receiving the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards August 28, 2011

Photobucket


This past June on the 2nd anniversary of his death, I signed a petition to reinstate the award to Michael's name. I feel good to have been a part of this change. The MTV network did this without warning so it caught so many of us off guard. The award was given to Britney Spears by Lady Gaga on the eve of Michael's birthday. What a wonderful birthday gift to Michael? Thank you MTV and all of the wonderful Michael Jackson fans all over the world!



Signing the petition to reinstate the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award while at the Apollo Candlelight Vigil June 25, 2011

Photobucket

Photobucket



Britney Spears and Michael Jackson at the Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Special in 2001 at Madison Square Garden

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment