About Me

My photo
About Me: First I would like to say, RIP DADDY, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MAKE YOU PROUD. Rev. L. Wilson Jan 23, 1939- January 26, 2003 In Memory of a Loving Father. Holla at ya gurl, sike nah. Wassup yall! Yall know me. I'm an alumna of Montclair S. U. now! Been one since Aug 2nd 2007. I was a Geography major and concentrating in Environmental Studies. I'm an alumna of Arts High School and a resident of Newark, NJ. I love basketball and other sports. My favorite team is the WNBA's New York Liberty. I'm a nice down to earth person. I'm also a Michael Jackson Tribute Artist.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Sounds of the City: Tribute to Michael Jackson

This event was held Thursday September 1st at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) in Newark, New Jersey. The original date was set for June 23rd to start off the outdoor concert series, but was postponed due to a severe thunderstorm. Now it come three days after what would have been his 53rd birthday and will close out the series. It was also FREE!


Lamont, David and I

Photobucket

After I got all dressed up after work, I was on my way. Of course I attracted so much attention on my way there it was so hilarious. I wasn't embarrased or ashamed to look like my baby, MJ. I used to be, but not anymore. When I arrived there, it was crowded with so many people. I met up with my MJ fam member, David. He was ready to rock out to MJ. He had his Billie Jean Jacket, MJ t-shirt, fedora and his Thriller jacket in his bag. I mingled with the crowd and took photos with MJ fans of all ages. It was beautiful to see so many people from my hometown celebrating Michael.

Lamont, his family and I

Photobucket

They had vocalists performing with a band and they all did so good. It seemed like Michael's real band and singers. They had the crowd dancing until they sweated. I know I did. I had the crowd mesmerized by my moves and I felt MJ was watching over me guiding every move I made. Along with David, I met another fan dressed as MJ, Lamont. He was so cool and his little brothers and sisters were dancing as well. They played quite a few songs such as "This Place Hotel," "Another Part of Me," "Working Day and Night," and "Earth Song." They even sung "Gone Too Soon" which brought tears to my eyes. But I definitely enjoyed myself. I just can't get enough of MJ. I think I have MJ Fever.

Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment